Preparing for your search
Before requesting a policy search
- Try to look for the policy yourself – tips on how to search for a lost policy
- If you can’t find it, you must have evidence that the policy exists
- It must be less than two years and more than three months since the person’s death
- OLHI must find that it is reasonable for us to conduct a search
How OLHI’s search works
After you submit your request, we will review the information to make sure it meets the above criteria. If it does, we will send a search request to our member companies.
Important to know:
- 99% of all Canadian life and health insurance companies are OLHI members.
- If your lost policy is with one of the few companies that are not OLHI members, our search will not find it.
- Sometimes our searches do not find group policies. If you are looking for a group policy, contact the deceased’s former employers and/or associations.
Ready to request a policy search of a deceased?
Please answer the questions below before submitting your request: